Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Todo Bien, Todo Bien

Hi everybody-

Just a quick update, we are in Medellin Colombia home (at some point in time) to some noteworthy figures such as Pablo Escobar, Juanes Botero and others. We arrived here on the 16th of January from Cartagena after an exhaustive albeit beautiful drive. We are in good spirits, the car is running smoothly and life is good. The next stop will Guatape, Cali, Popayan, and then Ecuador!

I am going to try and be more illustrative about whats been happening since Costa Rica using pictures, so here I go (and not in order of country)...

This is a picture of where Alex/I spent Christmas in Panama (Santa Catalina), my tent is on the right while Henkes's is on the left:
Add ImageHere is a great picture of the Panama Canal from a look-out tower my mother/I climbed. To get a sense for how big the canal is please note that the ship moving down the middle is actually a Cruise ship:
This is a picture of my mother/I just outside an indigenous Indian village (South Central Panama):

This is a picture of me charming one of those Indians:

Here is a picture of an insane looking spider that pitched its enormous web just above Logan's bed (the spider had a 5 inch diameter and the pic was taken in Costa Rica):
This is an Owl Butterfly I encountered in Panama:

The following are various pictures of us in Cartagena, Colombia. Cartagena was, in my opinion, one of the greatest places visited thus far. I urge you all to check it out...


We hope you are well. Much love.
Mike

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Fellas - how's Richard treating you?

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Medellin, Colombia 2 weeks ago. That city is great and the women are beautiful. You should definetly check out the Parque Yeras or Jeras. And head out to Pablo Escobar's grave site. A ton of tourists swing by there to take pics. If you have time go to Bogota, thats where I stayed mostly.